Super delicious hummus from Chef Billy Parisi. We’d never tried it this way before and it’s delicious! Maybe roasting the garlic in olive oil on the hob first made the difference?
Ingredients for this recipe:
• 4 ½ cups of cooked dried chickpeas ≈ 830 grams of cooked dried chickpeas – see notes
• ½ cup tahini ≈ 120 grams of tahini
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1/3 cup roasted garlic ≈ 80 grams of roasted garlic
• ¼ cup roasted garlic olive oil ≈ 60 milliliters of roasted garlic olive oil
• sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1. Add the chickpeas to a food processor and pulse on high speed until it forms a thick paste
2. Next, add in the tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt and process over low heat for 2-4 minutes while drizzling in the roasted garlic olive oil until very smooth.
3. Serve with on a plate with a drizzle of olive oil, cayenne and optional chopped parsley.